Remembering the courage and vision of past and present leaders, we honor and share the spirit of Presidents' Day together as a nation.
Wishing everyone a day filled with fun and happy memories!
1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
1/4 cup small-curd cottage cheese
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, plus more for topping
4 frozen waffles (untoasted)
1 to 2 tablespoons jam (any flavor)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus more if needed
Ground cinnamon, for topping
-Mix the cream cheese, cottage cheese and confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl. Spread 2 waffles with the jam, then top with the cream cheese mixture; cover with the remaining 2 waffles.
-Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sandwiches and cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side, adding more butter to the pan if needed. (Adjust the heat if the waffles are browning too quickly.)
-Let the sandwiches rest 1 minute before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and cinnamon.
2 Tbsp honey
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large bananas, mashed
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
6 oz Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
In a large mixing bowl, beat honey, agave nectar, egg, vanilla, and banana until blended. Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and yogurt. Beat for 1-2 minutes until fully combined. Fold in chocolate morsels.
Grease cupcake tin with nonstick baking spray. Spoon batter into each tin (about 1/4 cup). Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 18-20 minutes. For mini muffins, bake 11-13 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for later use. ENJOY.
**For mini muffins, recipe makes about 36 muffins.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
-6 cups of baby kale (pre-washed kind)
-2 cups sliced strawberries
-1 ripe avocado, sliced
-4 slices bacon
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-2 tablespoons sugar
-2 tablespoons white vinegar
-1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
-salt & pepper, to taste
Place kale, strawberries, and avocado into a large bowl and set aside.
For the dressing, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and drain bacon on paper towels. Crumble into small pieces and whisk together with remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad and serve.
4 Oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese, Softened
4 Oz. Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
1/4 C. Fat Free Milk (I used Mootopia)
2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
6 Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches, Crushed (I used WhoNu?)
-Combine the cream cheese, yogurt, milk, and powdered sugar together in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy.
-Stir in the crushed cookies.
-Pour the mixture into the popsicle mold of your choice.
-Place in the freezer until set and frozen.
-Remove and enjoy!
Natural peanut butter – 1 cup
Honey – 1 cup
Old Fashioned Oatmeal – 3 cups
- Put peanut butter and honey in a heavy saucepan and heat on low until thoroughly combined and becomes a liquid consistency.
- Mix in oats and stir.
- Press into a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Cover and let set overnight.
*For gluten free, use gluten free oats.
*For clean eating, use raw honey.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield:: 12 bars
Rating:: 3.44 stars – based on 635 review(s)
Nutrition facts: Calories: 281 kcal; Fat: 12.2 grams;
You will need:
-2 sheets puff pastry, thawed but still cold
-1/2 wedge of brie (about 4 ounces), cold
-1/3 cup cherry jam (or any flavor you fancy!)
-1 large egg, beaten
-splash of milk
-coarse sea salt
-popsicle sticks (optional, they taste just as good without sticks!)
Cut the puff pastry into thirds along the creases. Cut each panel into four pieces. They’ll be 2 1/4-inch tall and 3-inches wide. One sheet of puff pastry will yield 12 rectangles. Cut each rectangle in half. You’ll have 24 little rectangles that will create 12 little rectangle pockets.
Combine beaten egg and splash of milk. Brush 12 of the small rectangles with egg wash.
Place a popsicle stick halfway up the puff pastry and press in gently. Place a small sliver of brie (rind and all) on top of the egg wash (and stick). Top with about 1/2 teaspoon of cherry jam.
Take another square of puff pastry and press between your fingers to make the rectangle slightly bigger. Place puff pastry on top of the cheese and jam. Use a fork to press the edges together.
Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place prepared brie bites on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with a touch of coarsely ground sea salt.
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
You know that you need fruits and vegetables every day to stay healthy, but how many do you need? This handy calculator from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will determine how many servings of fruits and veggies you need in just a few simple steps.
Here's how it works:
- First, enter your age and gender.
- Next, select your level of physical activity. This option includes 30 minutes per day or less, 30 to 60 minutes per day, or more than 60 minutes per day. People who exercise more need more food to provide energy, and they can also afford to eat more because of how many calories they’re burning. People who exercise less should also eat less to avoid gaining weight.
- Your daily fruits and vegetables limit is measured in cups. Things like one small apple, one large banana, one large sweet potato and 12 baby carrots all equal one cup. It’s actually much easier to meet your daily requirements than you might realize! To see other examples of one cup of fruits and vegetables, check out this chart!
1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 large cucumber, chopped
1 cup kalamata olives, pit removed and chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Dressing:
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Drain the tortellini and rinse with cold water.
2. Place the tortellini in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, red onion, and feta cheese.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir until salad is well coated. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator.
Note- this salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.